Offering business grants ranging from £1,500 to £10,000.
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Minimum 12 months active trading
- An SME based in Staffordshire
- Fit within certain sectors (key exclusions include Retail, Business to Consumer and land-based businesses)
Providing free advice and support to manufacturing SMEs to help:
- Identify opportunities and create plans for growth and improvement
- Work with the best external experts to implement those plans
- Cover up to 35% of the cost of implementing the plans through an improvement grant
- Connect to wider support to maximise opportunities for growth
The Business Growth Programme Grant Scheme – the £33 million Business Growth Programme (BGP) has launched.
Part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and managed by Birmingham City Council, the Business Growth Programme is designed to strengthen supply chains, stimulate innovation and grow existing B2B Small to Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) across the Greater Birmingham and Solihull, Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire and The Marches Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs).
The programme consists of 4 strands of support:
HS2 Supply Chain Programme – Offers grants of £20k-£167k towards project costs for supply chain companies which have, or are in the process of securing, or are preparing their company to be able to secure a contract for HS2.
Green Bridge Supply Chain Programme – Offers grants of £20k-£150k towards project costs for supply chain companies operating in, or diversifying into the green economy.
Business Innovation Programme – Offers grants of £10k-£30k towards project costs for SMEs investing in innovative close-to-market processes, products and services.
Business Development Programme – Offers grants of £10k-£20k towards project costs for businesses looking to expand, relocate and improve access to markets.
The programme limits awards to one grant per SME from any one of the four components of the Business Growth Programme (i.e, you cannot apply for a grant from each component):
For further information, please visit www.birmingham.gov.uk/bgp or contact the BGP Grants Hotline on 0121 464 6456.